Mark Alex Wedding - Greystone Fields, Gibsonia
Yesterday's wedding with Mark & Alex was a lovely wedding...that I, quite frankly, wasn't sure whether it would happen or not.
Just one month ago, the mother of bride, Alex, unexpectedly passed away. When I first heard the news from Alex, she was explaining why she hadn't got back to me about scheduling her Photo Checklist prep meeting. I couldn't believe what I was reading, in regards to what happened and in the thought that the wedding was still on, just two weeks later.
But Alex, as confirmed during her sister's speech, is a strong woman. And yesterday's wedding was filled with joy, as well as moments of remembrance: roses respectfully laid on the chair her mother would have been sitting on during the ceremony, a memorial toast given by groom Mark with not a dry eye in the house, and two Memorial Wall Art pieces that Mark asked us to design as a surprise, first to display at the wedding and then to give as a gift to his new wife and sister-in-law.
Such a lovely wedding indeed.
- A perfect venue for a gorgeous outdoor Ceremony and a beautiful indoor Reception!
BAND - In The Mood, Three Rivers Entertainment - Pittsburgh PA - www.threeriversentertainment.com
- A 12-piece live band, so fun!
FLORIST - Herman J. Heyl Florists - Pittsburgh PA - www.hermanheylflorist.com/
- These bouquets were so colorful and survived a long hot day!
Adam was there to help ensure everything ran smoothly, so helpful so that you can relax on your big day
- Food Stations were so fun and both, the displays and taste, were impeccable =)
- Alex's makeup was just gorgeous and stayed throughout the evening, just like her updo ;)
Transportation - Lenzner Coach Lines - Sewickley PA - www.coachusa.com/lenzner/
- Always a nice touch to offer shuttle services for your guests, to and from the hotel.